JOB OPPORTUNITY: Office Administrator
Applications close: 23 February 2016
The Cranlana Programme exists to cultivate wisdom in leadership. To this end we specialise in development courses for senior leaders. Our aim is to equip those responsible for shaping Australian society with the capacity to deal with the complex challenges facing the nation, to the benefit of the whole community.
For over 20 years, Cranlana has provided a platform for professional and personal development. Our programmes offer participants the opportunity to actively reflect upon and refine their moral understanding, in turn allowing them to contribute more effectively to their organisations and the broader community.
We are looking to recruit a full time Office Administrator to look after the day to day running of the office, event manage our programmes and act as the CEO’s executive assistant. For the right person, this position has plenty of room for development and opportunities to take on extra responsibility. This position attracts a salary of $55,000 plus superannuation.
- To provide end to end event management for all of TCP’s programmes, managing suppliers, liaising with participants and coordinating activities internally
- To act as executive assistant for the CEO, primarily organising her diary and booking travel
- To ensure client details are updated and maintained on TCP’s database system
- To carry out the role of primary reception for the Cranlana Programme presenting a professional and approachable front of house and to welcome and look after guests, moderators and artists at Cranlana events
- To answer the telephone and respond to client queries
General office duties
- Responsible for ensuring there are adequate office supplies and equipment and all back office systems such as internet/phone
- Day to day bookkeeping – paying invoices and invoicing clients
- Primary responsibility for post and TCP inbox
- To ensure that the TCP office is kept tidy
Other ad hoc administrative support and opportunity to be involved in projects.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- At least three year’s administration experience dealing with clients/end users
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and formatting documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Highly organised and ability to cope with a varied workload
- Experience of running events desirable, although not essential as full training will be given
- A confident, cheerful and engaging personality that is comfortable talking to people on the telephone
- A collaborative, open and efficient style that enjoys working in a small team environment
- High level of professionalism, integrity, ethics, judgement and confidentiality
- Proactive – see what needs to be done before being asked and looks for opportunities to improve things
- Keen to develop and acquire new skills
- Ability to work occasional weekends (no paid overtime but days in lieu given) and evenings
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
To apply for this position please send a covering letter, a CV and a statement addressing the key selection criteria to Nicola Bowyer at email@example.com. If you have any questions about the role call 03 9827 2660.