Alumni masterclasses now open for registration
Re-engage with the concept of the good society in these moderated single-session events for alumni.
In these masterclasses alumni will revisit ideas and theories presented in Cranlana’s programmes through the familiar format of shared inquiry. Facilitated by one of our moderators, the sessions are an opportunity to delve deeper into the foundational ideas that underpin our society and the contemporary forces that shape it.
The first two masterclasses of the year, being held in Sydney (8 June 2016) and Melbourne (30 June 2016), will focus on democracy, introducing new readings and ideas that explore its efficacy as a system for human flourishing, the pressures placed upon it by competing interests, and the demands it makes of us as citizens.
Topics for the other masterclasses will be unveiled closer to the events.
The full schedule of masterclasses includes:
- 8 June 2016, 5.30–6.30pm – Sydney – Caltex
- 30 June 2016, 6.00–8.00pm – Melbourne – Cranlana
- 18 August 2016, 6.00–8.00pm – Canberra – Venue TBA
- 25 August 2016, 6.00–8.00pm – Perth – Mt Eliza House, King's Park
- 15 September 2016, 6.00–8.00pm – Melbourne – Cranlana
- 10 November 2016, 6.00–8.00pm – Melbourne – Cranlana
As with all Cranlana’s programmes, each masterclass is limited to 20 participants, so early registration is advised. Refreshments will be provided. Register below.